We are seeking an individual with a strong work ethic, who is a self-starter and highly motivated and has strong oral and
written communication skills to join us in our downtown Calgary office, reporting to the Operations Controller.
The successful applicant must meet the following:
– 5+ years Oil & Gas industry knowledge
– Proficient knowledge of Qbyte FM, and Optix reporting,
– Excellent communication skills, written and oral.
– Ability to work independently and adhere to tight deadlines.
– Good team player, ability to work with people of diverse disciplines, backgrounds and cultures.
– Ability to be flexible and to adapt to changing circumstances, managing multiple tasks.
– Advanced Microsoft Excel skills.
– Understanding of accounting principles and internal controls.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
– Primary Qbyte FM point of contact (POC) for all departments
– Assist other staff with development and testing of Qbyte Optix reports
– Co-ordinate master file changes with other departments related to A&D, delinquent party and receiverships issues
– Run accounting month end processes and addressing any issues
– Qbyte FM upgrade co-ordination, testing, training, and user support – POC for P2 support
– Royalty cleanup project: reconciliation of royalties queries – DOI setup and JEs
– Other operations accounting special projects as required
Qbyte FM Master file Maintenance
– CC and DOI master file maintenance including A&D changes, delinquent parties, well status changes
– Semi-annual allocation updates (plus ongoing updates from Well Status Change Reports)
– Assist with resolution of CC issues with Land for surface and mineral rentals
– Address CC issues with PA for Metrix entries
– Handle JV disputes related to master files
– Manage over 14,000 active CCs
Business Associate Maintenance
– Set up new BAs, new EFTs on BAs, Address changes, BA inactivation’s, handle miscellaneous BA issues
– Current push to set up more employees and Trade BAs on EFT – report built to capture those outstanding
– Set up Surface and Mineral landowners on EFT
– Over 130 BAs recently inactivated (backlog) – ongoing project to keep these up to date
– Project to clean up duplicate / no longer required BAs identified by PA
– Project to clean up 2-line BAs between BA and address tabs for Surface Land
– Maintain BA Maintenance documentation – update for Qbyte FM system upgrade
– Manage over 14,000 active BAs