Ember is a well-funded private entity operating coal-bed methane ("CBM") focused natural gas E&P business based in Calgary, Alberta. With interests in 2.2 million net acres of land and combined gross production of 255 mmcfe/d of natural gas, we are the leading producer of coal-bed methane in Canada. We are seeking the following candidate for our expanding natural gas business
We are seeking an individual with a strong work ethic, who is a self-starter and highly motivated, and has strong oral and written communication skills, to join us in our downtown Calgary office.
The successful applicant must meet the following:
- One to five years of related work experience in oil and gas.
- Engineering degree or Technologist diploma required
- Must be self-directed and able to work with minimal supervision and take on new tasks where needed.
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral.
- Good team player, ability to work with people of diverse disciplines, backgrounds and cultures.
- Ability to be flexible and to adapt to changing circumstances, managing multiple tasks
- Working knowledge of Peloton Software Suite is an asset
- Working knowledge of SQL is an asset
- Working knowledge of Verdazo and Power BI is an asset
- Must be eligible to work in Canada.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
- Help maintain data and contribute to the design and implementation of workflow improvements in the following departments:
- Production Engineering
- Project Engineering
- Partner Reporting
- Asset Management
- Reserve Management
- Wellbore Management
- Perform regular data vets and data clean up exercises within WellView, SiteView, ProdView, and Value Navigator
- Assist with various engineering workflows and process definition
- Assist with the design and implementation of data collection and reporting
- Assist in the design and implementation of Power BI and Verdazo reporting
- Contribute to ongoing projects such as:
- Pipeline pigging maintenance and prediction system
- Pipeline Management data system
- Asset Management system roll out (Marsworx)
- Surface Lease to Asset Management Linking